Modal Verb Tutorial
> Modal Verbs Exercise 4
Have Got to
Modal Verbs Exercise 4
Choose the correct answer for each gap below, then click the "Check" button to check your answers.
1. Unfortunately, James and Michelle had already made plans, so they
come with us to the exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
2. They have had several major snow storms in the mountains during the last month. We had better call the highway patrol to check road conditions. The road to Smithsville
3. We should call Tim before we go over to his house; he
be there. I don't want to drive all the way there for nothing.
4. In order to win the pie eating contest, Norman would have to eat sixteen pies in ten minutes. He
possibly eat that many pies - he would explode!
5. I know Eve wants to go to the ballet with us, but we'd better call her before we get her ticket. She works Wednesday nights, and she
be able to get time off that evening.
hear the speaker because the crowd was cheering so loudly.
be a bad idea to take some snacks along while we're hiking. Last time, we got so hungry we had to come back early without finishing the hike.
8. Jerry might be angry, or he
. You never really know with him because he's so temperamental.
be angry at me. I've never done anything to upset him.
10. The lamp
be broken. Maybe the light bulb just burned out.
11. When you were a child, you could swim from here to the little island in the middle of the river,
you? At least, that's what your father told me.
possibly be the winner of the talent show! The other acts were much better than hers.
13. Frank and Sarah
get tickets to the concert. The concert was sold out a little over an hour after tickets went on sale.
14. I heard that band is really popular, and tickets sell out quickly. You
get tickets if you wait too long.
15. That concert has been sold out for weeks. You
get tickets even if you knew the band personally. It's impossible!
be a bad idea to get a car alarm for your new sports car. New cars tend to attract thieves.
possibly be Mr. Jones. He's lost so much weight that he looks like a completely different person.
do the job if you didn't speak Arabic fluently.
19. Jane and Bill
have gotten the invitation to the party. Perhaps, that's why they didn't show up. I doubt they would actually skip your birthday party - they're your best friends!
have left my keys at Simon's house. I wouldn't have been able to drive home if I had done that. They must be somewhere here in the apartment. Let's keep looking.
Modal Verb Tutorial
Copyright © , All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us
Learn English at !
Phrasal Verb Dictionary
Verb + Preposition Dictionary