Modal Verb Tutorial
> Modal Verbs Exercise 2
Have Got to
Modal Verbs Exercise 2
Complete the sentences using the words listed in the box below, then click the "Check" button to check your answers. Negative and past forms are also used in this lesson. Some gaps may have more than one correct answer.
must have to
be at the meeting by 10:00. I will probably
take a taxi if I want to be on time.
submit the application if it has not been completely filled out. Check that the name, address, and background information are correct. If the form is not accurate and complete, you will be rejected and you will
reapply at a later date.
3. Tina: Look at these flowers - they're beautiful! But, there's no card. Who could have sent them?
have been David. He's the only one who would send you flowers.
forget to pay the rent tomorrow. The landlord is very strict about paying on time.
be so rude! Why don't you try saying "please" once in a while.
6. If you are over 18 in California, you
take a driver training course to get a driver's license. You can have a friend or a family member teach you instead. But remember, you
still get your permit before you start practicing.
be rich to be a success. Some of the most successful people I know haven't got a penny to their name.
8. Ed: My car broke down in Death Valley last week. I
have it towed more than a hundred miles to the nearest mechanic.
have cost a fortune!
9. While hiking in Alaska, you
keep an eye out for bears. If you see one, you
approach it. They are beautiful animals; however, they are wild and unpredictable in nature. You
be afraid of them, but educating yourself about the dangers can help keep you safe.
go to work tomorrow because it is Memorial Day. The best thing about a day off from work is that I
get up at 6:00; I can sleep in till noon if I want to.
11. Yesterday, I
cram all day for my French final. I didn't get to sleep until after midnight.
12. Nate: Oh no! I completely forgot we were supposed to pick Jenny up at the airport.
still be sitting there waiting for us.
13. Ingrid received a scholarship to Yale University which will cover 100% of the tuition. She
worry at all about the increasing cost of education.
14. When I was a child my grandmother was continually correcting our manners. She always used to say, "One
eat with one's mouth open." Or, she would correct us by saying, "One
rest one's elbows on the table." And every time I wanted to leave the table, she would say, "One
ask to be excused."
15. I've redone this math problem at least twenty times, but my answer is wrong according to the answer key. The answer in the book
Modal Verb Tutorial
Copyright © , All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us
Learn English at !
Phrasal Verb Dictionary
Verb + Preposition Dictionary